New station boost for passengers thanks to £16 million UK government investmentStaff Writer | July 28, 2017
UK rail passengers are set for better journeys with 5 new stations to be built across England and Wales, the government announced.
Britain Five new stations
The government will invest over £16 million in the schemes under the new stations fund, which gives local communities improved rail services. All of the new stations will be accessible, with step-free access throughout.
The successful bids are:
- Horden Peterlee in County Durham which will receive £4.4 million of DfTfunding towards a scheme worth £10.55 million
- Warrington West in Cheshire, which will receive £4.23 million towards a total project cost of £17.2 million
- Reading Green Park which will receive £2.3 million towards a total project cost of £16.5 million
- Bow Street in Ceredigion, Wales which will receive £3.945 million towards a total project cost of £6.76 million
- Portway Parkway near Bristol which will receive £1.672 million towards a total project cost of £2.23 million. ■