TripAdvisor announces best beaches, Florida and Hawaii ruleStaff Writer | February 22, 2018
TripAdvisor announced the winners of its Travelers' Choice awards for Beaches.
Sea and sand Grace Bay in Turks and Caicos best beach in the world
Florida's Clearwater Beach was the number one beach in America, up three spots from its U.S. ranking one year ago, and capturing the top spot in the country it held in 2016.
Award winners were determined based on the quantity and quality of traveler reviews and ratings for beaches on TripAdvisor, gathered over a 12-month period.
TripAdvisor has awarded 355 beaches overall, including the top 25 in the world and local lists for Asia, Europe, Africa, South Pacific, South America, Middle East, Caribbean, Central America, Australia, Brazil, Costa Rica, France, Germany, Greece, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, Portugal, Spain, Thailand, Turkey, the U.K. and the U.S.
Top 10 Travelers' Choice Beaches in the U.S.:
1. Clearwater Beach – Clearwater, Florida
2. Siesta Beach – Siesta Key, Florida
3. Ka'anapali Beach – Lahaina, Hawaii
4. South Beach – Miami Beach, Florida
5. Hanauma Bay Nature Preserve – Honolulu, Hawaii
6. Fort Lauderdale Beach – Fort Lauderdale, Florida
7. Saint Pete Beach – St. Pete Beach, Florida
8. Hollywood Beach – Hollywood, Florida
9. Santa Monica Beach – Santa Monica, California
10. Lanikai Beach – Kailua, Hawaii
Top 10 Travelers' Choice Beaches in the World:
1. Grace Bay – Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
3. Varadero Beach – Varadero, Cuba
5. Seven Mile Beach – Seven Mile Beach, Cayman Islands
6. La Concha Beach – San Sebastian – Donostia, Spain
7. Clearwater Beach – Clearwater, Florida
8. Seven Mile Beach – Negril, Jamaica
9. Bavaro Beach – Bavaro, Dominican Republic
10. Playa Norte – Isla Mujeres, Mexico. ■