RSS   Newsletter   Contact   Advertise with us

Finland, Sweden ready to supply paper to Iran

Staff writer ▼ | June 9, 2016
Inspector of Iran Carton and Paper Managers' Association said that Finland and Sweden have voiced readiness to supply required paper layers in folding carton sector.
Iran paper
Carton industry   Mohammad Reza Kheirkhah Kermani:
Mohammad Reza Kheirkhah Kermani was a member of an Iranian economic team which was part of a 60-member delegation that has recently accompanied Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif during his four-nation tour to Europe. The tour was made from May 29 to June 2 taking the Iranian foreign mininster to Poland, Finland, Sweden and Latvia.

Speaking to IRNA in an exclusive interview, Kheirkhah Kermani said that Finland and Sweden are regarded as major producers of virgin papers suitable for folding cartons regarding their rich forests.

Referring to Iran's annual production of about 600,000 tons of cartons, the official said 75% of the raw material for the industry comes from domestic sources while the remaining 25% is imported.

He expressed hope that the annual carton production capacity would increase to two millions due to the economic boom resulted from the opportunities of the post-JCPOA era.


 

MORE INSIDE POST