Emergency mobile phone alert test in New Zealand deemed successStaff Writer | November 26, 2017
Civil Defence in New Zealand has declared its emergency alert test a success, with people in all regions with cellphone coverage across the country receiving their message.
Pacific The messages had been received
"We've had confirmation from each of the regions in the North and the South Island that the messages had been received into those regions," she said.
Ms Stuart-Black said if people did not receive the alerts, which were sent out between 6pm and 7pm, they should not feel concerned.
"This is a new channel in addition to the many other ways we communicated with New Zealanders radio, tv, social and now this," she said.
After tonight's test, more than 10,000 people filled out an online feedback form and the Civil Defence website had more than 100,000 visitors.
Ms Stuart-Black said the survey will collate where people were at the time the alert was sent and what type of handset they used. ■