RSS   Newsletter   Contact   Advertise with us

9 still missing after Beirut port blast

Christian Fernsby ▼ | September 20, 2020
The Lebanese army said on Saturday that nine people were still missing after last month’s explosion at the Beirut port.
Beirut port blast
Missing   Beirut port blast
A military statement said that two Syrian nationals were among those still missing after the port blast.

Topics: Beirut

“This file will not be closed as long as investigations continue,” the statement said.

On Aug. 4, a huge explosion in the port of Beirut rocked the city, killing 192 people and injuring over 6,000 people.

The blast caused damage estimated at $15 billion, according to official figures.

The explosion occurred as Lebanon was experiencing its worst economic crisis, including a dramatic drop in the value of the pound against the dollar.


 

MORE INSIDE POST