RSS   Newsletter   Contact   Advertise with us

France GDP growth doubles in Q3

Share on Twitter Share on LinkedIn
Staff Writer | October 30, 2018
France's economy expanded at a faster pace in the third quarter largely driven by domestic demand and exports, first estimate from the statistical office Insee showed Tuesday.
French nuclear power
Europe   Gross domestic product advanced 0.4% sequentially
Gross domestic product advanced 0.4% sequentially, in line with expectations, following second quarter's 0.2% expansion.

The expenditure-side of GDP showed that household consumption expenditures rebounded 0.5% after falling 0.1%. Total gross fixed capital formation grew 0.8% versus 0.9% increase a quarter ago.

Overall, final domestic demand excluding inventory changes accelerated, contributing 0.5 points to GDP growth.

The sequential growth in imports slowed to 0.3% from 0.7%, whereas the increase in exports accelerated to 0.7% from 0.1%. Consequently, the foreign trade balance contributed positively to GDP growth, by 0.1 points.

Conversely, changes in inventories contributed negatively to GDP growth by 0.2 points.

POST Online Media Contact