#stayhome Maintain the distance, wash your hands, and follow instructions from the health authorities.
RSS   Newsletter   Contact   Advertise with us

France GDP expands in Q3

Share on Twitter Share on LinkedIn
Staff Writer | October 31, 2017
France's economy expanded as expected in the third quarter, first estimate from the statistical office Insee revealed.
French manufacturing
Europe   Gross domestic product grew 0.5% sequentially
Gross domestic product grew 0.5% sequentially, in line with expectations, but slightly slower than the revised 0.6% expansion posted in the second quarter.

The expenditure-side breakdown of GDP showed that growth in household consumption expenditure accelerated to 0.5% from 0.3%, while total gross fixed capital formation climbed 0.8% after rising 1%.

The foreign trade balance contributed negatively to GDP growth, by 0.6 points in the third quarter as imports growth improved sharply to 2.5% from 0.2%, while exports growth decelerated to 0.7% from 2.3%.

Conversely, changes in inventories contributed positively to GDP growth, by +0.5 points.

Compared to the third quarter of 2016, GDP rose 2.2%, such a growth rate had not been observed since 2011, Insee said.


 

MORE INSIDE POST