Apple reports record first quarter results, revenue $78.4 billionStaff Writer | January 31, 2017
Apple announced financial results for its fiscal 2017 first quarter ended December 31, 2016.
Apple Earnings per diluted share were $3.36
POST forecast was EPS $3.25 on revenue of $75 billion.
These results compare to revenue of $75.9 billion and earnings per diluted share of $3.28 in the year-ago quarter. International sales accounted for 64 percent of the quarter’s revenue.
Apple is providing the following guidance for its fiscal 2017 second quarter:
- revenue between $51.5 billion and $53.5 billion
- gross margin between 38 percent and 39 percent
- operating expenses between $6.5 billion and $6.6 billion
- other income/(expense) of $400 million
- tax rate of 26 percent. ■