RSS   Newsletter   Contact   Advertise with us

Bruker to acquire Hain Lifescience

Share on Twitter Share on LinkedIn
Staff Writer | August 24, 2018
Bruker Corporation announced that is has signed a definitive agreement to acquire a majority interest in Hain Lifescience GmbH, which is headquartered in Nehren, Germany.
Hain Lifescience
Acquisition   Hain is particularly well-known in the field of MDx testing
Hain is an infectious disease molecular diagnostics (MDx) specialist with a broad range of MDx solutions for the detection of microbial and viral pathogens, for antibiotic resistance testing, as well as for human genetic diseases.

Hain is already a profitable company, and in 2018 Hain expects to generate revenues of about $38 million.

Bruker expects to acquire an 80% majority interest in Hain, with options for the remaining 20% that can be exercised after 2021.

The majority acquisition is expected to close during the fourth quarter of 2018, subject to customary closing conditions and required regulatory approvals. Financial details were not disclosed.

Hain Lifescience's offerings include consumables and instruments for DNA sample preparation, the GenoType assay portfolio for tuberculosis detection, for sexually transmitted disease (STD) testing, and for HIV viral load testing, as well as for other infectious disease and human genetic disease MDx tests.

Hain is particularly well-known in the field of MDx testing of tuberculosis and other mycobacterial infections.

The availability of Hain kits is subject to country-specific diagnostics regulations, and most Hain MDx assays are CE-IVD marked.

The planned acquisition of Hain will broaden Bruker's presence in the infectious disease and molecular diagnostics markets, in line with the microbiology and diagnostics initiative within Bruker's Project Accelerate portfolio transformation.


 

MORE INSIDE POST