RSS   Newsletter   Contact   Advertise with us

National project to improve quality of Turkish citrus fruits

Staff Writer | January 23, 2017
Turkey has decided to support the exporters in a project enabling them to improve the quality of their products.
Turkish citrus
Food quality   A batch of Turkish lemons is being stopped
That comes after a batch of Turkish lemons is being stopped at the Bulgarian border under the Rapid Alert System for Food and Feed (RASFF) for a chlorpyrifos level exceeding the level permitted by European legislation.

This project is implemented by the Ministry of Economy and applied by the Union of Mediterranean Exporters within the framework of the Directive to improve the competitiveness of Turkish products at the international level (URGE) and wants to improve the quality at the level of Production, according to Union des Exportateurs Méditerranéens.

Harvesting and packaging of citrus fruits to enable them to reach international standards and to have viable access to the international market.

75 percent of the costs will be offset by the Ministry of Economy and the remaining 25 percent by the companies that will participate in this project.

Once approved by the Ministry, activities will be planned through needs analysis, training and consultation programs, and implementation of overseas marketing activities.


 

MORE INSIDE POST