IFA urge minister Creed to pay all outstanding 2018 payments worth €45mChristian Fernsby ▼ |
Europe IFA Deputy President Richard Kennedy
IFA Deputy President Richard Kennedy has urged the Minister for Agriculture Michael Creed to pay out approximately €45m which is owed to farmers in respect of schemes that they applied for in 2018.
The makeup of the money owed is as follows:
- Remaining 15% GLAS balancing payment worth over €30m
- Full GLAS payment to 1,500 farmers who have not received any payment for 2018 worth €6m
- Balancing payment for organic farmers worth €2m
- Outstanding KT payments worth €2m
- Balancing payment under the Sheep Welfare Scheme worth €3m
- A small number of outstanding BPS, ANC and BDGP payments worth €2m.
On top of this, there are approximately 800 farmers who have made an application for TAMS, following completion of investment, who are also awaiting payment. This is worth €11.5m.
Richard Kennedy said it is vitally important that all outstanding payments are made without any further delay.
Meanwhile, Richard Kennedy has again reminded farmers that the BPS application date deadline is May 15^th and he urged all farmers to ensure that they have their online application in on time. He also reminded farmers that the Department of Agriculture is holding clinics around the country to assist farmers with their online applications. ■
What to read next