RSS   Newsletter   Contact   Advertise with us

England: Pig poops out pedometer, starts fire

Share on Twitter Share on LinkedIn
Christian Fernsby ▼ | March 10, 2020
A fire on a farm in northern England was accidentally set by one of the pigs.
Pig
Food in England   Pig
The firebug had swallowed a pedometer worn by one of its fellow pigs to demonstrate that the animals were free range, the BBC reported.

Topics: England pig fire

But after the pig excreted the pedometer, copper in its battery sparked a flame in the pig dung and dried hay bedding on March 7 at approximately 2 p.m. local time, according to the BBC. The fire spread to cover about 75 square meters of the farmyard before it was contained, according to The Independent.


 

MORE INSIDE POST