Xerox names Steve Hoover chief technology officer
Mr. Hoover currently serves as chief executive officer of PARC, a Xerox Company. Mr. Hoover joined PARC in 2011 after serving as vice president of the Xerox Research Center of Webster.
Since joining Xerox in 1994, Mr. Hoover has held a variety of roles in both product development and research, leading long-term technology investments in analytics, digital manufacturing, intelligent systems, distributed and cloud computing, nanotechnology, mobile, the future of work, and advanced printing and mass customization technologies.
Mr. Hoover earned his doctorate degree and master’s degree in Engineering from Carnegie Mellon University, and a bachelor’s degree from Cornell University.
He succeeds Sophie Vandebroek, who will retire at the end of this year.
Ms. Vandebroek joined Xerox in 1991 and has served as the company’s chief technology officer and president of the Xerox Innovation Group for more than a decade. ■
What to read next
LATEST MOVES FROM Connecticut
- Tim Campbell joined PASSUR Aerospace as executive vice president
- Evariant appoints Thomas Schultz as chief growth officer
- Sturm, Ruger & Company promotes Thomas A. Dineen to SVP, finance
- Michael Orlando joins NXT-ID board
- Sturm, Ruger & Company promotes Thomas P. Sullivan to VP, operations
More inside POST