WellCare appoints Sonya Nelson state president, Georgia
Ms. Nelson joins WellCare from Amerigroup Louisiana, where she held leadership roles including state president and chief operating officer, and served approximately 229,000 members who participate in the state's Medicaid, Medicaid Expansion and LaCHIP programs.
Before joining Amerigroup, Ms. Nelson held positions of increasing responsibility with BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee and Humana, Inc.
She graduated from Auburn University with a bachelor's degree in business administration, management and operations. ■
What to read next
LATEST MOVES FROM Georgia
- Coca-Cola changes number of executives
- SiteOne Landscape Supply adds Michael J. Grebe to board
- Citi Trends appoints acting CEO and executive chairman
- MiMedx Group names Luis A. Aguilar as director
- Veritiv appoints Liza Landsman to board
More inside POST