WellCare appoints Sonya Nelson state president, Georgia
Ms. Nelson joins WellCare from Amerigroup Louisiana, where she held leadership roles including state president and chief operating officer, and served approximately 229,000 members who participate in the state's Medicaid, Medicaid Expansion and LaCHIP programs.
Before joining Amerigroup, Ms. Nelson held positions of increasing responsibility with BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee and Humana, Inc.
She graduated from Auburn University with a bachelor's degree in business administration, management and operations. ■
What to read next
LATEST MOVES FROM Georgia
- Georgia Power appoints Mark Burns to board
- Asbury Automotive Group confirms Sean D. Goodman as new SVP, CFO
- State Bank Financial names J. Thomas Wiley as CEO
- Fleetcor Technologies appoints Hala Moddelmog to board
- AdCare Health terminates CEO for misrepresenting educational credentials
More inside POST