WellCare appoints Sonya Nelson state president, Georgia
Ms. Nelson joins WellCare from Amerigroup Louisiana, where she held leadership roles including state president and chief operating officer, and served approximately 229,000 members who participate in the state's Medicaid, Medicaid Expansion and LaCHIP programs.
Before joining Amerigroup, Ms. Nelson held positions of increasing responsibility with BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee and Humana, Inc.
She graduated from Auburn University with a bachelor's degree in business administration, management and operations. ■
What to read next
LATEST MOVES FROM Georgia
- Perma-Fix Environmental Services appoints Mark Duff as CEO
- Genuine Parts elects P. Russell Hardin to board
- Medovex appoints Jesse Crowne as co-chairman
- SiteOne Landscape Supply adds Fred M. Diaz to board
- United Community Banks appoints Lynn Harton as CEO
More inside POST