Walgreens Boots Alliance appoints José E. Almeida to board
Mr. Almeida has more than 25 years of experience in health care, including medical devices, consumer health products, surgical instruments and biopharmaceuticals.
Mr. Almeida has served as chairman and chief executive officer of Baxter, a global medical products company, since January 2016.
From May 2015 to October 2015 he served as an operating executive with The Carlyle Group, a global investment firm.
Previously, Mr. Almeida served as president and CEO of Covidien plc, a health care products company, from July 2011 through January 2015, when the company was acquired by Medtronic Inc.
He also served as the company’s chairman from March 2012 through January 2015 and in several other executive roles with Covidien (formerly Tyco Healthcare) between April 2004 and June 2011.
Mr. Almeida holds a bachelor’s of science degree in mechanical engineering from Instituto Mauá de Tecnologia in São Paulo. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM Illinois
- Hilco Merchant Resources hires Seth Marks as SVP
- Veltex Corporation appoints Andreas Mauritzson as CEO
- Ingredion Incorporated appoints James P. Zallie as CEO
- Nexgen Packaging appoints Jim Welch as president
- Eton Pharmaceuticals appoints Paul V. Maier to board
More inside POST