Vulcan Materials director Elaine L. Chao to resign
Ms. Chao served as the U.S. Secretary of Labor from 2001 to 2009. She has been a Distinguished Fellow at The Heritage Foundation, a research and educational organization based in Washington, D.C., since 2009.
Previously, Ms. Chao served as the President and CEO of United Way of America from 1992 to 1996. Her prior government service includes serving as Director of the Peace Corps and as Deputy Secretary at the U.S. Department of Transportation.
Before that Ms. Chao was a Vice President at Bank of America and a banker with Citicorp, N.A.
Ms. Chao was elected to boards of Wells Fargo & Company, Dole Food Company, and Protective Life Corporation.
She earned her MBA from the Harvard Business School and is the recipient of 34 honorary doctorate degrees. ■
What to read next
LATEST MOVES FROM Alabama
- Adtran appoints Gregory McCray as director
- Adtran appoints Charles Marsh as senior vice president
- AT&T names VP and general manager for the Gulf states
- HealthSouth appoints Mark J. Tarr as CEO
- Synapse appoints Johnny Thorington as CTO
More inside POST