Vocera Communications appoints Benjamin Kanter as CMIO
Prior to joining Vocera, Dr. Kanter worked as an industry consultant and thought leader with innovative healthcare IT companies, including Extension Healthcare, where he was the CMIO.
In 2013, while the CMIO of Palomar Health in San Diego, Dr. Kanter worked with Extension Healthcare to create a reverse look-up smartphone app.
Dr. Kanter earned his medical degree and completed internal medicine training at Northwestern University. He is board-certified in internal medicine, pulmonary disease and medical informatics.
Dr. Kanter has been a member of several corporate advisory boards including Cisco, Nuance, AirStrip Technologies, and Spyglass Consulting.
He is a published author and frequent speaker on how to seamlessly and securely integrate technology with practicing medicine. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM California
- CBRE Group appoints Beth F. Cobert to board
- Cloudera appoints two to board
- Verifone appoints Rowan Trollope to board of directors
- Catasys appoints Christopher Shirley as CFO
- Silicon Valley Bank promotes Michael Descheneaux to president
More inside POST