VMware names Ray O'Farrell CTO and chief development officer
Mr. O'Farrell is a long time VMware veteran, having joined the company in 2003 to build out the storage technologies of VMware ESX (later VMware vSphere).
Over his tenure, he has led development teams across the entire VMware global R&D footprint and product portfolio.
Mr. O'Farrell has more than 20 years of experience in software engineering and product delivery.
Before joining VMware, he led product development teams at Microtec/Mentor-Graphics, Improv Systems, Industrial and Scientific Imaging and Ashling Microsystems.
Mr. O'Farrell holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics and a Master of Engineering in Computer Science, both from the University of Limerick in Ireland. ■
What to read next
LATEST MOVES FROM California
- Twitter appoints Patrick Pichette to board
- eBay appoints two to board
- Cisco executive chairman John Chambers to step down
- Wesco Aircraft Holdings appoints Kerry A. Shiba as CFO
- Achaogen appoints Liz Bhatt as CBO
More inside POST