Vitesse Media appoints interim chairman
Mr. Ingram was appointed as non-executive chairman in October 2014 and became executive chairman in February 2016.
Mr. Ingram spent the early years of his business career in the media communications and marketing industry.
Mr. Ingram is regarded as the inventor of the modern media agency, having started The Media Department (TMD) in 1972 and Chris Ingram Associates (CIA) in 1976, which he built into an international, publicly quoted business (Tempus Group).
The business was sold to WPP in 2001 and is now MEC.
While Mr. Ingram will remain in contact with the business, the Board considers it prudent to appoint an interim Chairman.
David Smith, a long-standing Non-Executive Director of the Company, has agreed to act as interim Non-Executive Chairman.
Mr. Smith was appointed as a non-executive director in August 2014 having been executive deputy chairman from July 2012.
Mr. Smith has held senior positions in Thompson organisations and at Wolters Kluwer, and was CEO of Taylor & Francis and executive chairman of Informa and Granada Learning. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM United Kingdom
- Terra Firma Capital appoints Jerry Patava to board
- Willis Towers Watson announces Michael J. Burwell as CFO
- NewVoiceMedia appoints president and COO to strengthen U.S. presence
- Zotefoams appoints Doug Robertson as non-executive director
- Rotork to appoint Peter Dilnot as non-executive director
More inside POST