VITAS Healthcare CEO Timothy S. O’Toole to retire
Named to his current position at VITAS when Chemed acquired the company in February 2004, Mr. O’Toole had served since 1991 as Chemed’s representative on the VITAS Board of Directors.
After joining Chemed in 1989 as vice president and treasurer, Mr. O’Toole was promoted in 1992 to executive vice president of Chemed while retaining his title of treasurer. In 1995, he gained additional responsibility as chairman and chief executive officer of Patient Care.
Prior to joining Chemed, Mr. O’Toole’s work includes serving for eight years as a director of Omnicare. He currently serves on the national ALS Association Board of Trustees and the University of Miami, School of Business Administration Health Sector Management and Policy Advisory Board.
Mr. O’Toole received a bachelor’s degree in accounting from the University of Kentucky and a law degree from the Salmon P. Chase Law School of Northern Kentucky University. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM Florida
- WellCare Health Plans names Andrew Clifton as regional executive director
- FCB Financial Holdings appoints Jack Partagas as CFO
- SeaWorld Entertainment appoints Marc G. Swanson as CFO
- Siewhiang McCreight joins AAA – The Auto Club Group as chief risk officer
- AxoGen appoints Jon S. Gingrich as CCO
More inside POST