Vitamin Shoppe expands executive team with hiring COO
Mr. Reiser joins the Vitamin Shoppe from Dollar Tree, Inc. (successor to Family Dollar) where he was most recently Executive Vice President, Chief Merchandising Officer for its Family Dollar business.
Mr. Reiser has more than 30 years of experience in retail management, merchandising, private brand sourcing, regulatory management as well as being trained as a pharmacist.
For the past three years, he has worked at Family Dollar [prior to its merger with Dollar Tree] starting as Senior Vice President, Hardlines Merchandising and most recently as Executive Vice President, Chief Merchandising Officer.
He began his retail career at Walmart, which he joined in 1995 as Pharmacy Manager, and progressed through a series of positions of increasing responsibility, including Director, Regulatory Affairs, VP Operations & Compliance for Health & Wellness and VP Merchandising for Health and Family Care at Walmart and Sam's Club.
Mr. Reiser received a B.S. in Pharmacy from Northeastern University. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM New Jersey
- Campbell Soup Company appoints Fabiola R. Arredondo to board
- Eagle Pharmaceuticals names Richard A. Edlin to board
- Tom Gebhardt chairman and CEO of Panasonic Corp. of North America
- Celgene Corporation COO Jacqualyn Fouse to retire
- Innophos appoints Kim Ann Mink as chairman of the board
More inside POST