VimpelCom names Kjell Morten Johnsen head of major markets
Mr. Morten Johnsen has extensive international expertise in senior roles across a variety of industries, with responsibility for markets such as Russia, Scandinavia, and Central and Eastern Europe.
Mr. Morten Johnsen joins VimpelCom from Telenor, where he was head of Telenor Europe with previous roles as CEO of Telenor Serbia as well as Senior Vice President and Head of Telenor Russia, Telenor Central & Eastern Europe.
He was also a member of VimpelCom Ltd’s Supervisory Board from 2011 until 2015 and PJSC’s Board of Directors from 2007 to 2013.
Prior to entering the telecommunications industry in 2000, he worked for Norsk Hydro in France and Ukraine, and Scandsea International in Norway and Russia.
He has an MBA from the Norwegian School of Economics and Business Administration. He attended the University of Oslo, Norwegian School of Management, and Nord University Business School. ■
What to read next
LATEST MOVES FROM the Netherlands
- Chicago Bridge & Iron appoints Patrick K. Mullen as CEO
- Paulo Rodrigues da Silva named CEO of Euronext Lisbon
- Global Telecom and Vimpelcom name Matthieu Galvani CEO of Djezzy
- Kimberly Enterprises appoints Sagee Kadosh to board
- UniQure names Matthew Kapusta CEO
More inside POST