Viacom, a mass media company, announced that Kern Schireson has been appointed executive vice president and chief data officer.
Viacom appoints Kern Schireson as executive vice presidentStaff Writer | New York, N.Y., USA | Tuesday March 14, 2017 8:15AM ET
READ MOREMr. Schireson previously served as Viacom’s Executive Vice President of Data Strategy and Consumer Intelligence, where he oversaw the Strategic Insights and Research team as well as the Audience Science, Data Strategy, and Corporate Business Development teams.
Mr. Schiresoe played an instrumental role in the creation of Viacom Vantage, Viacom’s data-driven advertising initiative and the launch of Viacom’s 2016 Datafront, which explored how data strategy is redefining television.
Mr. Schireso joined Viacom in 2014 from Schireson Associates, a data science and analytics firm he founded in 2003.
He graduated with a BA in Philosophy from the University of California, Los Angeles. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM New York
- M&T Bank Corporation elects Kevin J. Pearson to board
- JetBlue Airways appoints Joanna Geraghty as chief operating officer
- 21st Century Fox appoints Lachlan Murdoch as CEO of new Fox
- Oppenheimer & Co. appoints Emmanuel Durand as head of consumer investment banking
- L3 Technologies appoints Rita S. Lane to board