Vale says CEO Murilo Ferreira will not stay after May
Mr. Ferreira has over 30 years' experience in mining and was appointed as president (CEO) in May 2011.
He joined the Board in 2005, heading the Shareholdings and New Business Department.
Mr. Ferreira began his professional career at Vale in 1977 as a financial and economic analyst.
He subsequently took on important roles such as CEO of Vale Inco, currently part of Vale operations in Canada.
Graduate in business administration at Fundação Getúlio Vargas, São Paulo, Mr. Ferreira obtained post-graduation in administration and finance at the Rio de Janeiro branch of the same institution, and executive specialization (Senior Executive) at IMD Business School in Lausanne, Switzerland. ■
What to read next
LATEST MOVES FROM Brazil
- Nelson Luiz Costa Silva takes strategy post at Petrobras
- ACI Worldwide appoints Marco Bravo VP for Latin America
- Petrobras to name Nelson Luiz Costa Silva to new top strategy post
- Embraer: John Slattery commercial aviation president and CEO
- Petrobras CEO Aldemir Bendine resigns
More inside POST
MBA degree doesn't guarantee leadership Leadership