Universal Music Group names senior director, communications
Mr. Murtagh-Hopkins will serve as a member of the global team. Mr. Murtagh-Hopkins was most recently Director of Communications at UK Music, the umbrella organization that represents the collective interests of the UK’s commercial music industry.
He brings almost twenty years of publicity and communications experience within the entertainment industry.
Prior to UK Music, Mr. Murtagh-Hopkins held senior roles at Sony Music, EMI Records, Vector Management and Pulse Films.
During his career he has worked with some of the most respected names in entertainment including Bob Dylan, Kings of Leon, LCD Soundsystem, Robbie Williams, AC/DC, Mark Ronson, Spike Jonze and Jack White. ■
What to read next
LATEST MOVES FROM California
- Banc of California names Doug Bowers as CEO
- Reed's appoints Stefan Freeman as interim CEO
- Heron Therapeutics appoints Robert E. Hoffman as CFO
- Penumbra appoints Bridget O'Rourke to board
- Adverum Biotechnologies adds Richard N. Spivey to board
More inside POST