Universal Music Group names Graham Parker president
Mr. Parker most recently was General Manager of WQXR and The Jerome L. Greene Performance Space and a Senior Vice President of New York Public Radio.
In April 2016, WQXR’s Q2Music podcast Meet The Composer won a Peabody Award, after only two years of its inception. Three years ago, Mr. Parker oversaw the launch of The Jonathan Channel, dedicated to the great American Songbook, with Jonathan Schwartz at the center.
Prior to WQXR, he was Executive Director of the Orpheus Chamber Orchestra for eight years.
Mr. Parker holds a BSc (Hons) from Oxford Brookes University. He started his musical training on flute and piano, eventually taking up conducting when he arrived at college. ■
What to read next
LATEST MOVES FROM California
- Depomed appoints Santosh J. Vetticaden as CSO
- Wells Fargo names Michael Roemer as chief compliance officer
- ARMO BioSciences appoints Joseph Leveque as CMO
- Amyris appoints Eduardo Alvarez as COO
- ChromaDex appoints Kevin Farr as CFO
More inside POST
How do you know you have great employees? Leadership