United Continental Holdings names Edward Philip to board
Mr. Philip brings to United nearly three decades of leadership across the technology, health care and financial services sectors.
Mr. Philip currently serves as the chief operating officer of Partners in Health, a global non-profit healthcare organization providing medical services to people in underserved communities around the world.
Prior to joining Partners in Health, Mr. Philip served as managing general partner at Highland Consumer Fund. He was also one of the founding members of internet search company, Lycos, Inc. During his tenure with Lycos, he held the positions of president, chief operating officer and chief financial officer at different times.
Prior to joining Lycos, he spent time as the vice president of finance for The Walt Disney Company and a number of years in investment banking. Mr. Philip is a director of Hasbro, Inc. and BRP Inc.
He received a BA in Economics and Mathematics from Vanderbilt University and an MBA from Harvard Business School. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM Illinois
- Fuel Tech names James J. Markowsky as director
- CNA announces new EVP of technology and operations
- Morningstar names chief product officer, chief revenue officer
- Jean Medina appointed to lead Exelon corporate communications
- Exelon appoints Thomas S. O’Neill as SVP and general counsel
More inside POST
HSBC Holdings Q4 loss $4.44 billion Earnings