Union Pacific names Rhonda Ferguson EVP and chief legal officer
Ms. Ferguson joins Union Pacific from FirstEnergy Corp., where she was vice president, corporate secretary and chief ethics officer since 2007.
In addition to leading FirstEnergy's corporate, real estate and records and information departments, Ms. Ferguson led the company's corporate compliance and ethics program.
She was responsible for a broad range of matters relating to corporate governance, New York Stock Exchange and Securities and Exchange Commission-compliance, information governance, data protection and privacy; as well as construction, real estate and transmission rights.
Prior to joining FirstEnergy, she worked as assistant general counsel and assistant corporate secretary at Ferro Corporation in suburban Cleveland.
Prior to that, she served as partner at Baker Hostetler LLP and as a litigation associate at Thompson Hine LLP, both in Cleveland.
Ms. Ferguson earned a Juris Doctor from Case Western Reserve University and Bachelor of Science, Industrial Engineering from Northwestern University. ■
What to read next
LATEST MOVES FROM Nebraska
- Union Pacific elects Deborah Chase Hopkins to board of directors
- Union Pacific names Eric Butler EVP and chief administrative officer
- Valmont Industries promotes Stephen Kaniewski to COO
- Green Plains appoints John D. Chandler as director
- Werner Enterprises promotes Derek J. Leathers to CEO
More inside POST