Twitter appoints Bret Taylor to board
Mr. Taylor will serve in the class of directors whose term expires at the annual meeting of stockholders to be held in 2017.
Since, September 2012, Mr. Taylor has served as the Chief Executive Officer and co-founder of Quip, a productivity software company.
Until June 2007, he served as Group Product Manager at Google where he co-created Google Maps and the Google Maps API. He then joined Benchmark, a venture capital firm, as an entrepreneur-in-residence where he co-founded the social network Friendfeed.
Mr. Taylor was the Chief Executive Officer of FriendFeed until August 2009, when it was acquired by Facebook. He served as Chief Technology Officer of Facebook from August 2009 until the summer of 2012. He serves on the Board of Directors of TASER International.
Mr. Taylor holds a Bachelors of Science and a Master’s Degree in Computer Science from Stanford University. ■
What to read next
LATEST MOVES FROM California
- PennyMac Financial Services appoints Theodore W. Tozer to board
- Apple appoints Isabel Ge Mahe managing director of Greater China
- Seagate Technology appoints Ravi Naik as CIO
- MannKind appoints Steven Binder as CFO
- Achaogen appoints Karen Bernstein to board
More inside POST