Tullow Oil announces retirement of non-executive director
Mr. McTiernan was appointed as a non-executive Director in 2002 and was appointed Senior Independent Director in 2008. Mr. McTiernan began his career as a petroleum engineer, working with BP, Amoco and Mesa in the Middle East and the UK.
In 1979, he joined Chase Manhattan Bank, where he became Senior Vice-President and head of the bank's energy group based in New York.
From 1996 to 2001 Mr. McTiernan held senior energy-related positions at NatWest Markets and CIBC World Markets.
He is currently principal of Sandown Energy Consultants Limited, a natural resources advisory firm based in London, and a non-executive Director of First Quantum Minerals Limited.
David Bamford, who joined the Board in 2004, will become Senior Independent Director as of 1 January 2013. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM United Kingdom
- NewVoiceMedia appoints president and COO to strengthen U.S. presence
- Zotefoams appoints Doug Robertson as non-executive director
- Rotork to appoint Peter Dilnot as non-executive director
- Stephen Bentley to join Frenkel Topping Group as CFO
- 1Spatial appoints Francis Small as director
More inside POST
What to do with slowly-developing talents Leadership