TriMas appoints Thomas A. Amato as CEO
Mr. Amato brings more than 25 years of broad industrial experience. Most recently, he served as chief executive officer and president of Metaldyne and co-president and chief integration officer of Metaldyne Performance Group. He has worked as a chief executive officer for The Carlyle Group and American Securities.
Mr. Amato worked at AsahiTec as co-chief executive officer and at MascoTech in positions of increasing responsibility. During this time, one of his roles was head of business development for TriMas.
Mr. Amato began his career in 1987 at Imperial Chemical Industries as an applications development engineer and a group leader.
He obtained a Master of Business Administration from the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, Mich., and a Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering from Wayne State University in Detroit, Mich. ■
What to read next
LATEST MOVES FROM Michigan
- Spartan Motors appoints James A. Sharman as chairman
- Ford appoints Jim Hackett as CEO
- InfuSystem Holdings appoints Gregg Lehman as executive chairman
- Cooper-Standard Holdings appoints Molly P. Zhang to board
- MiraMed Global Services appoints Fred Fazio as CFO
More inside POST