Travelport appoints John Smith to board
Until recently, Mr. Smith was Chief Operating Officer of the Burberry Group. He remains a member of Burberry's Board. He will step down from Burberry's Board by the summer of 2017.
Prior to Burberry, Mr Smith spent 23 years at the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). Joining in 1989, he held a variety of positions including Chief Operating Officer, Director of Finance, Property & Business Affairs and Finance Director.
Mr Smith was appointed Chief Executive of BBC Worldwide in 2004, the commercial arm of the corporation whose media content is sold worldwide through a variety of digital channels.
Mr. Smith has also previously served as a non-executive director of UK-listed companies Severn Trent PLC and Vickers PLC and was also a member of the UK Accounting Standards Board from 2001 to 2004. ■
What to read next
LATEST MOVES FROM United Kingdom
- Standard Chartered appoints Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala as director
- Thomas Cook Group appoints two directors
- Intertek appoints Graham Allan as director
- Johnson Matthey appoints John O'Higgins as director
- InnovaDerma appoints Ross Andrews as director
More inside POST