Travelport appoints John Smith to board
Until recently, Mr. Smith was Chief Operating Officer of the Burberry Group. He remains a member of Burberry's Board. He will step down from Burberry's Board by the summer of 2017.
Prior to Burberry, Mr Smith spent 23 years at the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). Joining in 1989, he held a variety of positions including Chief Operating Officer, Director of Finance, Property & Business Affairs and Finance Director.
Mr Smith was appointed Chief Executive of BBC Worldwide in 2004, the commercial arm of the corporation whose media content is sold worldwide through a variety of digital channels.
Mr. Smith has also previously served as a non-executive director of UK-listed companies Severn Trent PLC and Vickers PLC and was also a member of the UK Accounting Standards Board from 2001 to 2004. ■
What to read next
LATEST MOVES FROM United Kingdom
- Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals elects David Norton to board
- John Lewis Partnership appoints Laura Wade-Gery as director
- 40% of senior executives to leave Reckitt Benckiser
- Oxford Immunotec Global appoints Stefan Linn as COO
- Terra Firma Capital appoints Jerry Patava to board
More inside POST