Thomas Simmerer to leave Carl Zeiss Meditec
Mr. Simmerer is a Member of the Management Board of Carl Zeiss Meditec AG, where he has had responsibility for global sales and service since 2011.
Mr. Simmerer has extensive experience in medical technology. He became head of the Microsurgery strategic business unit in Oberkochen in October 2008.
Before joining the medical wing of ZEISS, the mechanical engineer held various positions in sales at Dräger Medical AG & Co. KG in Lübeck from 1996 to 2008.
Starting as the Head of Product Marketing for the Intensive Care area, his most recent position at this company was Head of the company's top-performing Perioperative Care business unit.
Mr. Simmerer began his sales career in 1989 at Heraeus Instruments in Hanau, a globally operating precious metal and technology enterprise. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM California
- CBRE Group appoints Beth F. Cobert to board
- Cloudera appoints two to board
- Verifone appoints Rowan Trollope to board of directors
- Catasys appoints Christopher Shirley as CFO
- Silicon Valley Bank promotes Michael Descheneaux to president
More inside POST