Symic names Manish Anand as VP, regulatory affairs and quality
Mr. Anand brings to the company 14 years of industry experience in advancing drug candidates from preclinical stages of development to marketing as well as experience in postmarketing development.
He has had responsibility for interactions with international regulatory agencies including the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the European Medicines Agency (EMA).
Mr. Anand has been involved in the development of drugs, biologics, blood products and vaccine therapies for a diverse range of therapeutic areas such as hematology, oncology, CNS, inflammation and orphan disease.
Prior to joining Symic, Mr. Anand was Director of Regulatory Affairs at Portola Pharmaceuticals. He has also served in regulatory affairs positions at BioMarin, Vanda, MacuSight and Medimmune.
Mr. Anand received a M.S. in Biotechnology from the Johns Hopkins University and a B.S. in Chemistry from Lafayette College. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM California
- Peregrine Pharmaceuticals appoints Mark R. Bamforth to boards
- Endologix appoints John Onopchenko as COO
- Depomed appoints Santosh J. Vetticaden as CSO
- Wells Fargo names Michael Roemer as chief compliance officer
- ARMO BioSciences appoints Joseph Leveque as CMO
More inside POST