Standard Chartered names group head of corporate affairs
Ms. McDermott will join Standard Chartered’s global Management Team. Ms. McDermott was formerly the Acting Chief Executive of the Financial Conduct Authority from September 2015 until June 2016.
Prior to this Ms. McDermott held a number of senior roles at the FCA with responsibility for the conduct regulation of the UK’s Financial Services sector, including Director, Supervision and Authorisations, and Director, Enforcement and Financial Crime, and was also a member of the board of the FCA from April 2013.
She was a member of the Financial Policy Committee of the Bank of England, and a Non-Executive Director of the PRA from September 2015 until June 2016.
Steve Atkinson, currently Group Head of Corporate Affairs, will take up a new role as Bill Winters’ Chief of Staff with effect from March 20th 2017. ■
What to read next
LATEST MOVES FROM United Kingdom
- Morgan Sindall Group appoints Tracey Killen as director
- Northbridge Industrial Services appoints Nitin Kaul as director
- Portmeirion Group appoints Mike Raybould as finance director
- RedT energy appoints two directors
- Empiric Student Property appoints Lynne Fennah as CFO
More inside POST