Standard Chartered names CEO, corporate banking, Americas
Mr. Berntsen will also lead on all aspects of regulatory, governance and financial performance. Mr. Berntsen has over 35 years of banking and financial services experience.
He was most recently the President and a Director of Independent Bank Group, where he was involved in all aspects of the Company’s operations, including spearheading its investor relations efforts as well as managing all of its financial institutions relationships and partnerships.
Prior to IBG, he spent 25 years in various senior management roles at The Bank of New York Mellon.
His last position in BNY Mellon was Senior Executive Vice President, Sector Head, Global Client Management where he was responsible for leading the relationship efforts with financial institutions, corporate, government, not-for-profit and real estate clients worldwide.
Julio Rojas, current Regional CEO of the Americas region will be leaving the Bank for another career opportunity. ■
What to read next
LATEST MOVES FROM United Kingdom
- Willis Towers Watson announces Michael J. Burwell as CFO
- NewVoiceMedia appoints president and COO to strengthen U.S. presence
- Zotefoams appoints Doug Robertson as non-executive director
- Rotork to appoint Peter Dilnot as non-executive director
- Stephen Bentley to join Frenkel Topping Group as CFO
More inside POST