Standard Chartered director Simon Lowth to step down
Mr. Lowth was appointed as an Independent Non-Executive Director of Standard Chartered PLC in May 2010.
Mr. Lowth stepped down as Chief Financial Officer and Executive Director of BG Group in February 2016 following its takeover by Royal Dutch Shell. He was an executive director and Chief Financial Officer of AstraZeneca PLC from 2007 to 2013.
Prior to AstraZeneca, he was finance director at Scottish Power PLC following two years as executive director, corporate strategy and development.
Mr. Lowth's move to Scottish Power in 2003 followed 15 years' experience with the global management consultancy, McKinsey & Company, latterly as a senior director responsible for the firm's UK industrial practice where he advised leading multinational companies on a wide range of strategic, financial and operational issues.
Mr. Lowth has an engineering degree from Cambridge University and an MBA from London Business School. ■
What to read next
LATEST MOVES FROM United Kingdom
- Rentokil Initial appoints Sir Crispin Davis as non-executive director
- Barclays appoints Matthew Lester as non-executive director
- Drax Group appoints David Nussbaum as non-executive director
- Genesis Emerging Markets Fund appoints Katherine Tsang as non-executive director
- Action Hotels names Andrew Lindley finance director
More inside POST