SpartanNash promotes Dave Staples to president
Mr. Staples will continue as Chief Operating Officer. Mr. Staples has served as Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer since March 2015, overseeing SpartanNash’s food distribution, retail and military segments in addition to information technology and real estate.
He also performed the duties of Chief Financial Officer on an interim basis until April 2016, when Christopher Meyers joined the company.
He previously served as Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer for 15 years and Vice President of Finance for a year.
Mr. Staples served as Divisional Vice President of Strategic Planning and Reporting for Kmart Corporation (1998-2000) and Divisional Vice President of Accounting Operations (1997-98).
He is a certified public accountant. Mr. Staples is a graduate of Michigan State University, holding a bachelor’s degree in accounting. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM Michigan
- Neogen appoints John Adent as CEO
- American Axle & Manufacturing: Olaf Bongwald president AAM Driveline – Europe
- Bruk Herbst joins Zomedica Pharmaceuticals as CCO
- Superior Industries International appoints Nadeem Moiz as CFO
- Mears appoints two directors
More inside POST