S&P Global names Monique Leroux to board
Ms. Leroux served from 2008 until April 2016, as Chair, President and Chief Executive Officer of Desjardins Group, the largest cooperative financial group in Canada.
There she led Desjardins' recovery from the financial crisis, restored the company's balance sheet, strengthened risk management, and set the organization on a path for growth. She was the first woman to lead a top 10 financial institution in Canada.
Prior to Desjardins, Ms. Leroux was Chief Operating Officer of Quebecor, a telecommunications, news media, entertainment and culture and earlier worked at the Royal Bank of Canada.
She began her career at accounting firm Ernst & Young and went on to become a partner and lead the firm's services to the Quebec financial industry.
Ms. Leroux currently serves on the boards of public companies tire manufacturer Michelin, Bell BCE and Alimentation Couche-Tard. She also serves as Chair of the Board of Investissement Québec. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM New York
- Global Net Lease appoints Christopher J. Masterson as CFO
- Bristol-Myers Squibb appoints Saurabh Saha as SVP
- GAIN Capital appoints Joseph A. Schenk as chairman
- Voya Financial appoints Santhosh Keshavan as CIO
- Dime Community Bancshares appoints Rosemarie Chen to board
More inside POST
Hedge fund activism weakens the competition Leadership