S&P Global appoints Marco Alverà to board
Mr. Alverà is Chief Executive Officer of Snam S.p.A.
Before his appointment as CEO of Snam in April 2016, he worked at Eni in a number of executive roles.
These included serving as Executive Vice President for Russia, North Europe and the Americas in the Company's Upstream division and as Chief Executive Officer of Eni Trading and Shipping, which manages all commodity trading and shipping activities for the Company.
Mr. Alverà is a member of the General Council of the Giorgio Cini Foundation in Venice, promoting culture and arts and hosting several high-profile initiatives on international relations.
He has been a board member of Gazprom Neft, the Performance Theatre and Eni Foundation.
He was also Vice President of EUROGAS, the European association that brings together the leading international operators in the natural gas sector.
Mr. Alverà holds a degree in Philosophy and Economics from the London School of Economics. ■
What to read next
LATEST MOVES FROM New York
- Barnes & Noble Education appoints Michael P. Huseby as CEO
- Omnicom Group appoints Gracia Martore as director
- Bank of New York names Charles W. Scharf as CEO
- Sterling Bancorp appoints Christina M. Favilla as COO
- Interpublic Group names E. Lee Wyatt Jr. as independent director
More inside POST