Southern Company appoints Nancy Sykes as CHRO
Ms. Sykes joins Southern Company from U.S. Steel, where she has served as vice president and chief human resources officer since 2015.
Ms. Sykes joined U.S. Steel after spending more than five years with The Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company. Her last role at Goodyear was vice president for human resources, Asia Pacific.
Prior to joining Goodyear, Ms. Sykes spent 20 years at General Electric. In 2005, she was named global human resources leader for GE Water & Process Technologies, and in 2007 she assumed the role of global human resources leader for GE Intelligent Platforms.
Ms. Sykes graduated from Rochester Institute of Technology with a bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering. She is also a certified Six Sigma Black Belt in human resources. ■
What to read next
LATEST MOVES FROM Georgia
- AdCare Health terminates CEO for misrepresenting educational credentials
- Coca-Cola changes number of executives
- SiteOne Landscape Supply adds Michael J. Grebe to board
- Citi Trends appoints acting CEO and executive chairman
- MiMedx Group names Luis A. Aguilar as director
More inside POST