Southern Company appoints Nancy Sykes as CHRO
Ms. Sykes joins Southern Company from U.S. Steel, where she has served as vice president and chief human resources officer since 2015.
Ms. Sykes joined U.S. Steel after spending more than five years with The Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company. Her last role at Goodyear was vice president for human resources, Asia Pacific.
Prior to joining Goodyear, Ms. Sykes spent 20 years at General Electric. In 2005, she was named global human resources leader for GE Water & Process Technologies, and in 2007 she assumed the role of global human resources leader for GE Intelligent Platforms.
Ms. Sykes graduated from Rochester Institute of Technology with a bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering. She is also a certified Six Sigma Black Belt in human resources. ■
What to read next
LATEST MOVES FROM Georgia
- First Data appoints former U.K. PM David Cameron to board
- Flowers Foods appoints Debo Mukherjee as CMO
- Equifax names Mark Feidler non-executive chairman
- Flowers Food appoints Harish Ramani as CIO
- Perma-Fix Environmental Services appoints Mark Duff as CEO
More inside POST