Sotheby’s announces Lord Harry Dalmeny as UK chairman
In this capacity, Lord Dalmeny will lead Sotheby’s client-focussed activities in the UK and Ireland.
Over the course of his long tenure at Sotheby’s, Lord Dalmeny has played a leading role in many of the most significant British house and single-owner sales of the last quarter century, including the Duke & Duchess of Windsor sale (February 1998), the Chatsworth Attic sale (October 2010), and the Castle Howard sale (July 2015).
He continues to be a galvanising force behind both the winning and finely-tuned execution of prestigious sales and projects such as these.
At the same time, he is deeply invested in a wide range of sales and initiatives, not least Sotheby’s annual Treasures sales, for which he is also the auctioneer.
Renowned for his “sixth sense” on the rostrum, Lord Dalmeny is one of Sotheby’s most senior auctioneers, having taken many landmark sales. He is also the lead auctioneer for Sotheby’s prestigious evening sales of Old Master Paintings. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM New York
- Global Net Lease appoints Christopher J. Masterson as CFO
- Bristol-Myers Squibb appoints Saurabh Saha as SVP
- GAIN Capital appoints Joseph A. Schenk as chairman
- Voya Financial appoints Santhosh Keshavan as CIO
- Dime Community Bancshares appoints Rosemarie Chen to board
More inside POST