Sony Music Entertainment: Doug Morris to assume chairman role
Over the last six years Mr. Morris served as Sony Music Entertainment CEO. He extended the company’s successful joint venture deal with Syco Entertainment in 2015.
In addition, he was instrumental in Sony Music acquiring 100% of The Orchard, a distribution platform serving independent labels.
Mr. Morris also furthered Sony Music’s support of the growth and development of Vevo, a music video platform which he founded with Eric Schmidt in 2009.
He is the only executive who has held the title of CEO of all three music majors, Warner Music Group, Universal Music Group, and currently, Sony Music Entertainment.
Mr. Morris has worked with artists ranging from the Rolling Stones to the Chainsmokers.
Rob Stringer, currently Chairman and CEO of Columbia Records, will become CEO of Sony Music Entertainment.
Mr. Stringer will have overall operational responsibility for Sony Music Entertainment globally. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM New York
- Edward Campanella to join Arrow Financial as SVP, treasurer, and CFO
- Altaba appoints Richard L. Kauffman as director
- Minerals Technologies appoints Carolyn K. Pittman to board
- Time Inc. appoints Katie J. Stanton to board
- Assurant appoints two to board
More inside POST