Sir John Kingman to take Legal & General chairman role
Sir John has had an extensive Whitehall career, culminating as Second Permanent Secretary of HM Treasury, where his responsibilities variously included serving as Managing Director of the Finance and Industry Directorate, and Managing Director of the Public Services and Growth Directorate.
Sir John was also CEO of UK Financial Investments, with responsibility for managing the Government’s shareholdings in Lloyds Bank Plc, Royal Bank of Scotland Plc, and Northern Rock Plc.
He has spent time in the private sector as a managing director of NM Rothschild, where he was global co-head of the Financial Institutions Group. ■
What to read next
LATEST MOVES FROM United Kingdom
- Rentokil Initial appoints Sir Crispin Davis as non-executive director
- Barclays appoints Matthew Lester as non-executive director
- Drax Group appoints David Nussbaum as non-executive director
- Genesis Emerging Markets Fund appoints Katherine Tsang as non-executive director
- Action Hotels names Andrew Lindley finance director
More inside POST
The art and science of promotional pricing Leadership