Sir John Kingman to take Legal & General chairman role
Sir John has had an extensive Whitehall career, culminating as Second Permanent Secretary of HM Treasury, where his responsibilities variously included serving as Managing Director of the Finance and Industry Directorate, and Managing Director of the Public Services and Growth Directorate.
Sir John was also CEO of UK Financial Investments, with responsibility for managing the Government’s shareholdings in Lloyds Bank Plc, Royal Bank of Scotland Plc, and Northern Rock Plc.
He has spent time in the private sector as a managing director of NM Rothschild, where he was global co-head of the Financial Institutions Group. ■
What to read next
LATEST MOVES FROM United Kingdom
- Elegant Hotels Group appoints Luke Johnson as director
- Serco Group appoints two directors
- Britvic appoints John Daly as chairman
- Luxfer Holdings appoints Alok Maskara to board
- Defenx appoints Franco Francione as director
More inside POST
Macy's Q1 profit declined 39 percent Earnings
Job vacancies peak in Germany Economy