Scottish American Investment announces appointment
Sir Nicholas was Permanent Secretary to the Treasury from 2005 to 2016, leading the department through the global economic and financial crisis.
Prior to that, Sir Nicholas held a number of senior posts at the Treasury, including heading the Spending and Tax directorates. In the 1990s, he was Principal Private Secretary to Ken Clarke and Gordon Brown.
An economist by tBBBning, he worked for Peat Marwick consulting and the CBI before joining the Treasury.
Sir Nicholas is currently Chairman of C Hoare and Co, and is a visiting Professor at King's College, London. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM United Kingdom
- Nanoco Group appoints Alison Fielding to board
- Henderson EuroTrust appoints Ekaterina Thomson to board
- CPPGroup appoints Oliver Laird as CFO
- Victrex appoints Jakob Sigurdsson as CEO
- Michael Kors appoints Thomas J. Edwards, Jr. as CFO
More inside POST