Scottish American Investment announces appointment
Sir Nicholas was Permanent Secretary to the Treasury from 2005 to 2016, leading the department through the global economic and financial crisis.
Prior to that, Sir Nicholas held a number of senior posts at the Treasury, including heading the Spending and Tax directorates. In the 1990s, he was Principal Private Secretary to Ken Clarke and Gordon Brown.
An economist by tBBBning, he worked for Peat Marwick consulting and the CBI before joining the Treasury.
Sir Nicholas is currently Chairman of C Hoare and Co, and is a visiting Professor at King's College, London. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM United Kingdom
- Micro Focus appoints Lawton Wehle Fitt as director
- Conviviality appoints Mark Moran as CFO
- James Latham appoints Paula Kerrigan as director
- Charles Stanley Group appoints Marcia Campbell as director
- Arix Bioscience appoints Giles Kerr to board
More inside POST
Kellogg to buy Rxbar for $600 million Companies