Scott Kirby joins United Airlines as president
Mr. Kirby joins United from American Airlines, where he held the title of president since the merger of American and US Airways in 2013.
Mr. Kirby is a well-known industry veteran, with a broad and accomplished three-decade airline career with senior leadership roles at America West and US Airways, where he was named president in 2006.
Mr. Kirby started his career at the Pentagon and in the technology sector and earned bachelor degrees in computer science and operations research from the U.S. Air Force Academy and a Master of Science in operations research from George Washington University. ■
What to read next
LATEST MOVES FROM Illinois
- Fuel Tech names James J. Markowsky as director
- CNA announces new EVP of technology and operations
- Morningstar names chief product officer, chief revenue officer
- Jean Medina appointed to lead Exelon corporate communications
- Exelon appoints Thomas S. O’Neill as SVP and general counsel
More inside POST
IBM to hire 2,000 U.S. veterans Companies