Scholar Rock appoints two executives
Dr. Flier joins the boards of Scholar Rock after serving most recently as the twenty-first Dean of the Faculty of Medicine at Harvard University, and he currently is the Higginson Professor of Physiology and Medicine and Harvard University Distinguished Service Professor.
Dr. Flier received his BS degree from City College of New York, and MD from Mount Sinai School of Medicine with highest academic honors
Following residency training at Mount Sinai Hospital, Dr. Flier was a clinical associate at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and then joined the faculty of medicine at Harvard Medical School, serving as chief of the diabetes unit and endocrine division at Beth Israel Hospital.
Dr. Flier was subsequently named Chief Academic Officer of Beth Israel Deaconess, and served as Harvard Medical School Faculty Dean for Academic Programs.
Dr. Buckler brings to Scholar Rock a track record as a seasoned drug discovery leader with over 25 years of research experience in industry and academia, culminating with his recent role as Vice President, Cell and Protein Sciences, at Biogen. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM Massachusetts
- Haemonetics Corporation appoints Robert E. Abernathy to board
- Tetraphase Pharma appoints Kamalam Unninayar as CFO
- Boston Biomedical appoints Edgar Braendle as vice president
- Analogic Corporation appoints Joseph Whitters to board
- Eleven Biotherapeutics appoints Richard F. Fitzgerald as interim CFO
More inside POST