Sangamo BioSciences appoints Edward R. Conner as CMO
Dr. Conner joins Sangamo from Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical Inc., a biopharmaceutical company developing novel products for the treatment of rare and ultra-rare diseases, where he served as vice president, clinical science.
From 2013 to 2014 Dr. Conner served as BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc.'s senior medical director and led protocol development and regulatory interaction for its global phase 3 program in Pompe disease.
He worked for five years at Genentech in various clinical leadership roles.
Dr. Conner earned his M.D. from the University of California San Francisco.
He completed residency training in internal medicine at the University of Michigan, and was a fellow in clinical immunology and allergic diseases at Johns Hopkins School of Medicine.
Dr. Conner was awarded a B.S Biology, cum laude, from Duke University. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM California
- Banc of California names Doug Bowers as CEO
- Reed's appoints Stefan Freeman as interim CEO
- Heron Therapeutics appoints Robert E. Hoffman as CFO
- Penumbra appoints Bridget O'Rourke to board
- Adverum Biotechnologies adds Richard N. Spivey to board
More inside POST
Visa Q2 GAAP net income $430 million Earnings