Ryan Chavez appointed CFO of Asterias Biotherapeutics
In his expanded role, Mr. Chavez, who will also retain the title of General Counsel, will oversee all financial aspects of the company. Mr. Chavez joined Asterias in July 2016 as its Executive Vice President of Finance and General Counsel.
Prior to joining Asterias, Mr. Chavez was Vice President and General Counsel of Mallinckrodt’s Autoimmune and Rare Disease Division.
Before joining Mallinckrodt in August 2014, he served as Associate General Counsel at Questcor.
Prior to joining Questcor in October 2012, he worked at the law firms of Stradling, Yocca, Carlson & Rauth and Rutan & Tucker.
Previously, Mr. Chavez served in various financial roles at General Electric Co.
He earned his J.D., magna cum laude, from Chapman University School of Law and his B.A. with honors and distinction from Stanford University. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM California
- PennyMac Financial Services appoints Theodore W. Tozer to board
- Apple appoints Isabel Ge Mahe managing director of Greater China
- Seagate Technology appoints Ravi Naik as CIO
- MannKind appoints Steven Binder as CFO
- Achaogen appoints Karen Bernstein to board
More inside POST