Ronan Dunne named president of Verizon Wireless
For the past eight years, Mr. Dunne was CEO of O2 UK, the second largest wireless operator in the United Kingdom and a member of the Executive Committee of parent Telefonica SA. He joined O2 prior to demerger from BT in 2001.
Prior to joining O2 in 2001, he held senior positions in Banking with Banque Nationale de Paris and in the Corporate sector with Exel plc. and Waste Management International plc.
He is currently Chairman of Tesco Mobile, Telefónica's mobile joint venture with Tesco plc. and a non-executive director of the Guardian Media Group (GMG).
Mr. Dunne is a fellow and former council member of the Chartered Accountants Ireland (CAI) and a fellow of the Association of Corporate Treasurers (ACT). ■
LATEST MOVES FROM New York
- Acuamark Diagnostics adds Michael Hanbury to board
- Gibraltar Industries appoints Timothy Murphy as CFO
- Wecast Network appoints Simon Wang as CFO
- Sequential Brands Group appoints Karen Murray as CEO
- Viacom appoints Kern Schireson as executive vice president
More inside POST